Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2004 Finca Museum Crianza



My sister-in-law makes the most terrific coconut cake you'd ever want to put in your mouth. It's moist and delicious and oh-so-coconutty. Unfortunately, that's the exact same impression I get from the 2004 Finca Museum Crianza, Cigales. The American oak is so powerful on this wine that it all but obliterates anything else that might be lurking in the bottle. Just tons of coconut and dill on the nose and palate. There's a little bit of dark cherry and leather, two things I look for in Tempranillo-based wines, on the palate but it's just beat to death with the oak. Nice color and all. Quite dry. But the oak is something I just can't get past in this one. Long, long coconut finish - I'll bet you can guess where that comes from. Might appeal to fans of Silver Joke, er Silver Oak.

No comments:

Post a Comment