Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2010 Finca el Origen Reserva Torrontes

I have a couple of go-to food and wine pairings. One of my favorites is a roasted chicken with a bottle of Pinot Noir. Another one I really like is seared duck breast with a green peppercorn sauce and a stout Chateauneuf-du-Pape. One that I tapped tonight was fish tacos with Torrontes. Nothing fancy here. Fried basa filets on tortillas dressed with a bit of cheese, angel hair cabbage, shredded cilantro and a simple chipotle crema. Light. Fresh. Delicious. Flavors that I could use to describe the tacos or the 2010 Finca el Origen Reserva Torrontes, Valle de Cafayate.

Pale, light color that one would expect from a Torrontes. Aromas of intense rose petal, fresh peach, tangerine and a hint of petrol leap from the glass. Crisp and refreshing on the palate, yet a light, mineral oil-type viscosity. Nice, long, dry, floral finish with a refreshing note of bitter orange pith. Might be one of the more floral Torrontes I've ever had and just a spectacular pairing with dinner. About 410

No comments:

Post a Comment