Friday, May 31, 2013

2011 Paul Dolan Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino

Continuing along my journey through a case full of inexpensive wines I've never tried, tonight I reached for the 2011 Paul Dolan Sauvignon Blanc, Potter Valley, Mendocino. Transparent color with just the slightest hint of golden hue. Wonderfully floral aromatics with bits of green apple, kiwi and lemon adding complexity. No trace of grassiness, bell pepper, "gooseberry" or anything else that I currently detest in most New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. This is all about pure California fruit. Quite tart and lemony on the palate with assertive acidity My only quibble with this wine is the somewhat short, watery finish. But for $13, I'm not complaining. Drop dead gorgeous with fish tacos (cabbage, guacamole, chipotle crema) and a glass after dinner was just as refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment