Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2009 Willow Crest Pinot Gris



Last night, a corked bottle of wine laid waste to my plans for a sublime food and wine pairing. But tonight I have to take the blame for blowing it as the home made cabbage rolls didn't get cooked in time for dinner. So I grazed on nuts and cheese as I made a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids. C'est la vie!

But that didn't stop me from opening the wine I was planning on having with the cabbage rolls. And I'm mighty glad I opened it! The 2009 Willow Crest Estate Grown Pinot Gris, Yakima Valley is a beautiful rendition of this grape at a ridiculously low price. It has a hint of that brassy color that I really dig in Pinot Gris. The nose is alive with notes of orange peel, cardamom, sweet thyme and ripe apricot. The flavors on the palate mimic the nose with the ripe apricot leading the way. Fantastic viscosity and juicy acidity that makes your mouth scream for another sip. A great value in the $12 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment