Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2007 Trenza Tinto

Yeah, yeah, I know I've written about this wine before. But it's one of my favorite wines of the past 5-10 years and I think everyone needs to pick up a 6-pack of this stuff. The 2007 Trenza Tinto, San Luis Obispo County is a blend of Tempranillo, Syrah, Mourvedre and Grenache. Shows fantastic licorice, dark berry, sweet earth and a bit of vanilla oak. Great, thick texture with acidity and tannins to match. Really shines with food. About $26.


We drank this tonight yet another winning recipe from Weight Watchers (no, I'm not on the Weight Watchers regimen); this time an interpretation of the chicken with sherry vinegar and grape tomatoes. The acidity of the Sherry vinegar and tomatoes really worked well with the acidity of the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment