Friday, February 25, 2011

2006 Lindaflor "Petite Fleur"

The 2006 Lindaflor Petite Fleur, Mendoza is reminding me a lot of a Cotes du Rhone tonight. With it's huge nose of black pepper, raspberry, spice, herb and coffee it is reminding me a lot of something I'd get from the south of France. The color is a good bit darker than an entry-level Rhone and the palate is sweet and fat with chocolate and the aforementioned coffee and raspberry. But the dry, herbal, slightly medicinal (my wife says it's cough syrup but I'm not willing to go that far) finish once again takes me back to the Mediterranean. The meaty aromas and alcohol have subsided since last time and the tannins seem in balance. Throwing a good bit of sediment. Overall a very nice wine; albeit a bit atypical of an Argentinian Malbec blend of Malbec, Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. About $20


Dinner tonight was an assortment of pizza as we're used to doing around here on Friday nights. While the kids enjoyed their pepperoni, we had two new pizzas: one with arugula, prosciutto and eggs from our farm and an attempt to recreate the flavors of an Italian beef sandwich with rare roast beef and sauteed onions, red peppers, pepperoncini and garlic. Both pizzas were enjoyable, but I give the nod to the Italian beef sandwich pizza. And it certainly went better with the wine. That being said, I'm looking forward to giving the arugula pizza another try this summer with some intense arugula fresh from our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment